sun05jun11:30Vivaldi, Telemann & Veracini @ Wigmore Hall LondonWIGMORE Pleasures: Maurice & MarsyasLondon (UK)
Maurice Steger | recorder Ensemble Marsyas: Cecilia Bernardini | Baroque violin ; Josep Domènech Lafont | Baroque oboe ; Peter Wehelan | Baroque bassoon ; Philippe Grisvard | harpsichord *** Antonio Vivaldi
Maurice Steger | recorder
Ensemble Marsyas: Cecilia Bernardini | Baroque violin ; Josep Domènech Lafont | Baroque oboe ; Peter Wehelan | Baroque bassoon ; Philippe Grisvard | harpsichord
- Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741): Concerto in D major RV95 ‚La pastorella‘
- Georg Phillipp Telemann (1681-1767): Quartet in A minor for flute, violin, cello and continuo TWV43:a3
- Johann Friedrich Fasch (1688-1758): Sonata in D minor for two oboes, bassoon and continuo FaWV N:d2
- Antonio Vivaldi: Trio Sonata in A minor RV86
- Francesco Maria Veracini (1690-1768): Violin Sonata in D minor Op. 1 No. 5
- Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto in D major for flute, oboe, violin and bassoon RV90
Named after the Greek satyr who challenged Apollo to a musical contest, the Edinburgh-based Ensemble Marsyas was formed to champion virtuoso wind music of the eighteenth century.
The group returns to Wigmore Hall in partnership with Maurice Steger, recently hailed by the Independent as ‘the world’s leading recorder player’.
Wigmore Hall London